The Portland Area Dart Association is hosting the 4th Annual Portland Open on November 14th and 15th at the A&L Sports Pub.
This is a great event and always a fun weekend of darts!
It is with a heavy heart that we must inform you all that Robert Buss lost his fight with lung cancer yesterday. Robert was a long standing member of ESDA until he was diagnosed with lung cancer. He started playing darts on the team of Ron and Shari Layton along with is partner Jim Murphy. …View full post
Please come and support another ESDA family member in her fight with breast cancer. Sherry and Friend McFarland have been long time members of ESDA and they play out of Quacker’s Last Stop in the B league. Lets make this happen for one of the absolute nicest and giving couples you will ever meet. All …View full post
Reminder that all team captains need to have the score sheets faxed by Thursday of the week you play. Late sheets cause the stats to be late in getting updated for the league. Also remember that you must have all substitutes properly approved as outlined in your Rules. Both the first and last name must …View full post
MOHAWK TAVERN in Springfield, has graciously agreed to allow us to hold our yearly Turkey shoot there. There will be breakfast and lunch specials available. Sign-ups are at 10:00 am. The format is TBD. We are asking that everyone who plays, to also take a turn chalking. There is no reason any team should have …View full post
It is with a heavy heart that we must inform you all that Robert Buss lost his fight with lung cancer yesterday. Robert was a long standing member of ESDA until he was diagnosed with lung cancer. He started playing darts on the team of Ron and Shari Layton along with is partner Jim Murphy.
We want to thank you all who helped in our fundraising efforts for this very special man. I know each of you touched his life and he was thankful at your generosity. We will miss his sharp Witt and warm heart. Our condolences go out to his family.
Please come and support another ESDA family member in her fight with breast cancer. Sherry and Friend McFarland have been long time members of ESDA and they play out of Quacker’s Last Stop in the B league. Lets make this happen for one of the absolute nicest and giving couples you will ever meet.
All proceeds will go to Sherry for her fight and to help with the many unexpected expenses that she is faced with during this time. This is a straight up blind draw with a $5 minimum buy in. This is open to anyone that wishes to help. You do not need to be a league member.
There will be drawings and a special prize for first place.
Please contact Layton Statzer if you wish to donate and can not make the shoot. We have a great fundraising record going so lets do it again!
Noon at Quackers on Saturday October 25th.
Reminder that all team captains need to have the score sheets faxed by Thursday of the week you play. Late sheets cause the stats to be late in getting updated for the league. Also remember that you must have all substitutes properly approved as outlined in your Rules. Both the first and last name must be on all score sheets or stats will not be valid.
MOHAWK TAVERN in Springfield, has graciously agreed to allow us to hold our yearly Turkey shoot there. There will be breakfast and lunch specials available. Sign-ups are at 10:00 am. The format is TBD. We are asking that everyone who plays, to also take a turn chalking. There is no reason any team should have to chalk and walk. If, you feel uncomfortable because you aren’t fast like some of the veterans, that’s okay to. Just let the team know. Everyone understands. Thank you.
September 2, 2014 Board Meeting Minutes
Members in attendance are: Billy, Kevin, Marie, Bill F., Layton, Barbara, Ron and Shari. Zac was not able to make the meeting. The meeting came to order at 6:39pm ending at 8:08pm
We covered a wide range of topics from the last meeting, touching base on rule changes, expectations of the officers, motions, sportsmanship awards, separation of officers, RR/ByLaws, supplies, trophies, taking departed members off the our account, t-shirts, captains mtg, captains requirements, etc.
1. All new appointed board members have been updated through our Non Profit Org.
2. All board members have access to our website now, with the exception of Andrew L.,( Non Board Member), who volunteers his help should any problems, or questions arise.
3. Treasurer’s report was given, along with the amount of teams we have for each division.
4. Marie has updated our RR and By-laws, however, there are some minor changes that are being ironed out before the upcoming Captains Mtg. on Sept 9th at Wetlands Brew Pub.
5. Turkey Shoot-date and location is TBD at this time.
6. The board is looking into t-shirts at a discounted rate for some fundraisers, or if anyone else wants to order one and have it designed. We were able to get some pretty great prices through a contact of Layton Statzer.
7. Kevin brought in a nice dart case for supplies that He and Billy will stock with flights, shafts, O-rings, and all the fun dart stuff you may need. See one of the guys if you have any questions.
8. The Board went over the results of the Sign-up Tournament.
9. The Board will be checking on the necessary establishments for any needed changes.
10. CAPTAINS MEETING-All captains, or Co-Captains need to make sure that they are at the meeting. We will be covering some important changes and regulations at this meeting. Again, this is not a quick pick up your packet, sign, and leave meeting.
11. *PLEASE NOTE* ALL RULES/REGULATIONS/BY-LAWS, WILL BE ENFORCED THIS SEASON. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS!
Yeah, it’s that time again… Fall season is coming up on us fast. It’s time to brush the dust off of your darts.
We got quite a bit accomplished tonight at our Board Meeting. We are looking forward to a productive and positive season.
Here are some important dates to keep in mind:
The fall season Sign up tournament will be on Sunday, August 24th @ Centennial Steakhouse. Sign-up’s will start at 10 am. Remember, we need an actual first and last name for each player. Incomplete rosters will not be considered. Player fee is $20.00 Sponsor fee is $45.00. Player fee for the tournament is $5.00 with optional $1.00 high out fee.
Board Meeting Tuesday September 2, 2014 at Duck INN. 6:30pm The board will be discussing various ideas, and planning for the upcoming season.
Captains meeting will be on Tuesday, September 9, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. @ Wetlands Brew Pub *Captains*, plan on an extended meeting, as we will be discussing rule changes. You will be asked to sign a document that states that you are aware of the changes, and that you understand the consequences of not following these rules, and making sure that your team is also aware of the changes. Signatures are mandatory. You will not be able to just pick up your packet and run as usual, this is an actual meeting. The more people that show up on time, the sooner we can all go home.
First night of league play will be on Tuesday, September 16th. 7:00 p.m.
We touched base on some issues from last season. As previously mentioned, there will be some rule changes, along with consequences for not following them.
The Board has discussed various ideas for tournaments, fundraisers, and awards.
This upcoming season you will see a new and improved Rules and Regulations Packet, along with the By-Laws. Please pay attention to these changes, as some things will be added, and some deleted.
We discussed the correct measures as to who to reach in case there are any questions or issues that may arise. There is a chain of command/contact to follow. Please refer to your Captains packet.
If you are expecting any trophy(s), please contact me within 1 week from today. Any trophies(S), that have not been claimed, will be recycled.
The board will be having a closed meeting at the Driftwood Tavern in Springfield, July 22nd, 2014. We will be discussing a wide range of topics for the upcoming season. It is the Boards goal to make this season and all others fair and enjoyable for everyone.
Please welcome the new ESDA board members and returning members. Elections were held at the Spring TGIO on June 28th.
Vice President – Billy Chaney
Treasurer – Ron Layton
Competition Coordinator – Kevin Johnsgard
AA Representative – Zac Galas
A Representative – Layton Statzer
B Representative – Barbara Sieveking
Thank you all for stepping up to help make this a fantastic league!
Well, it has been a heck of a season.
First of all, I want to apologize for the some of the discrepancies in the stats throughout the season.
1) There was some corruption in the entries when we converted over to the new website. I went through and corrected them to the best of my abilities. I feel confident that the stats reflect the actual results. I have a few more things to work out with Andrew but the entries from this point forward should be with out incident.
2) There are some issues that arose in trying to implement penalties for forfeits, names, and substitutes. As a result enforcement was not implemented since I couldn’t implement them fairly across the board.
Over the Summer this will be corrected. Next season, the tools will be in place.
3) My apologies for the confusion that may have been in place getting the first week of playoffs. I found 1 sheet that was indeed faxed but I misplaced. (sorry Ross). The floodgates at work opened up and I got slammed with long hours and tons of driving so I wasn’t able to devote the time needed to properly get the stats updated. In addition to my tight time constraints, I also received several teams sending in multiple weeks all at once, some teams sending in sheets with no date or week. even a couple with team names not filled in properly. This slowed the process down even more which was complicated more so by my time constraints.
Next season will be different.
1) A status page will be available to determine if I entered results from your sheet.
2) Captain’s emails will be a must. I will make an attempt to contact the captain if I am missing a sheet, however this season had at least 25 missing sheets, so it will be your responsibility to keep up with stats and alert me to needed corrections on a weekly basis.
3) Penalties WILL be enforced. If fees are not paid = forfeit. Subs without board approval = forfeit. No last name = forfeit. Once forfeited, the games will not be reversed.