The TGIO will be held at the DRIFTWOOD TAVERN in Springfield, on SATURDAY JULY 25, 2015. SIGN-UP’S AT 10:00 A.M. Tournament will start as soon as Kevin is able to get things organized.
Board Meeting Minutes for May 2015 Members in Attendance: Marie, Billy, Ron, Shari, Terry, Barb, and Layton Statzer. Members not in Attendance: Kevin, Melissa, and Wes. Visitors: Roger and Layton’s Girlfriend. The meeting came to order at 7:15 p.m. Ending at 8:48 p.m. Old Business: Email confidentiality, Chain of contact, Sanctions, Policy and Procedures, Non-Discrimination …View full post
Time to step up and help! The Board needs your help. Community outreach help! We are looking for someone to volunteer to step up and go out to the fraternities and sororities and find a way to get them involved. We could run a special short league just for them to get them interested and …View full post
Board Meeting Minutes for May 2015
Members in Attendance: Marie, Billy, Ron, Shari, Terry, Barb, and Layton Statzer.
Members not in Attendance: Kevin, Melissa, and Wes. Visitors: Roger and Layton’s Girlfriend.
The meeting came to order at 7:15 p.m. Ending at 8:48 p.m.
Email confidentiality, Chain of contact, Sanctions, Policy and Procedures, Non-Discrimination Disclosure, First and Last names requirements for the roster sheets, Subs after mid-season, ADO affiliation.
Motions passed: Sportsmanship award, Pins, Substitution rule, 5 min chalking rule, Captain email requirement, No Board Member is allowed to okay their Substitute without prior approval. All motions were passed 7/21/2014
The board discussed the issue of a player starting on one team and then wanting to play on another. This is NOT allowed. Verbiage will be in the next seasons Rules and Regulations.
Score sheets: All score sheets need to be given to Terry by Friday of the same week of play in order to update the stats in a timely manner. Terry has been patient with this so far; however, it seems to be a problem with some teams. If/When, you fax in your score sheet, please make sure that you are getting a message stating that it has been sent. If it was sent and you received an ok, and Terry hasn’t updated your stats, chances are that it didn’t get to him and you may need to text it to him, or email him. But please keep in contact with him if you have an issue so that he can get it resolved.
The board discussed the reasons that we aren’t getting as many people coming out to the tournaments. We have heard some feedback on this, and it had to do with work, or family obligations.
Next season we will be realigning divisions. The motion to do so was passed on May 3, 2015.
ADO Update: Congratulations to Layton Statzer for qualifying.
Ron Layton gave the Treasurers Report.
Chalking Issues: DO NOT PULL YOUR DARTS until the Scorekeeper has recorded your score. If the Scorekeeper hasn’t gotten your total score, and you pull your darts, the Scorekeeper does not have to take your word on what you got. Whatever score He/She, has recorded will stand. NO EXCEPTIONS!
If a person is given the wrong amount of a score to take out a game by the Scorekeeper, that score stands. Example: If the scorekeeper tells you that you have 32 to take out, and you take that out, but someone notices that the scorekeeper gave you the wrong amount, and you actually took the 32 out, that score stands.
Terry will be tweaking the website over the summer.
There will be new verbiage under the Postponements part of the Rules and Regulations next season.
New verbiage will be added under the Substitute Rule next season regarding having a sub with 4 paid players.
The Motion to have a Highlight award for the most Highlights for Women was passed 5/3/2015
Substitute Stats: a person can only get stats for 1 division. Meaning: if a person has substituted for one team and that division is A-Div, and then they substitute for a team in the AA-DIV, they will only get stats for the Division that they substituted in with the most games. Any questions about this? Ask your Representative.
Patrick Kithi, has agreed to talk with his Son about visiting the colleges and promoting teams.
The TGIO will be on Saturday, July 25th 2015. Location-Driftwood Tavern in Springfield. Burger and Brew Special for $8.00, additional side item $1.00. Soda special $1.50 with free refills all day long for Dart Members.
*The Board has some awesome news to share. We were approached by an individual who was interested in sponsoring a huge Eugene/Springfield Dart Tournament. Provided all goes as planned this will take place in the Fall. We are looking at October 17th 2015. Let’s cross our fingers. This would be huge for our area!
From Terry our “Stats Guy”
To all concerned! The new Stats guy is having problems with the entry point of the ESDA website and team and individuals stats are going to be delayed until I can get some things sorted out. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Eugene dart players- I am looking for a bar that is willing to go all in and support darts. I want to see a place that we can get 8-10 boards up that we can use for our bigger tourneys and push the sport. If anyone has thoughts on where or how to make this happen in our area please contact me. If you know a business owner that is willing to entertain this idea or anything…. lets talk about it. Constructive ideas please!!! We would love to hold something like BIG here in Eugene. No reason we cant make this happen if we can work together.
Time to step up and help!
The Board needs your help.
Community outreach help!
We are looking for someone to volunteer to step up and go out to the fraternities and sororities and find a way to get them involved. We could run a special short league just for them to get them interested and involved. Once they are comfortable in a team we would move the team to regular league play. I am not the person to approach them. To them I am just Mom and that will not get their interest. As always this is an idea that is up for discussion and ideas. We have a huge college crowd and I would think this is an area we should easily be able to tap.
This same idea could work on car dealerships and have a small league where each dealership brings a team to the table. Mills, Restaurants, Churches… there are all kinds of leagues we could work on. At least enough to pull a team or two into an on going ESDA league team.
Please let me know your thoughts or ideas and please …. lets get someone willing to work this. I know we are all busy but together we can do this.
We discussed the possibility of a mid season shoot at our board meeting. Due to some unforeseen events we will be postponing this and combining it with the spring TGIO. The money will roll over to larger TGIO payout and door prizes. Thank you for your understanding.
We have new Statistician and he has implemented a few changes everyone needs to be aware of.
- Stats sheets must be fully filled out. Team names, date of match, week number, first and last names of each player, totals in the win and loss columns as well as the Sportsmanship award nominations filled out each week.
- Sportsmanship Nominations. Each player must nominate one player from the other team each week and this must be filled out in the area provided on the score sheet. Your sheet is not considered complete if this is not filled out.
- There are 3 ways to submit sheets.
1.Fax to 855-501-3278
2. Take a readable photo of the sheet and text to 541-981-8420
3. Email a copy or photo to email@example.com
All sheets must be received by Friday of the week played. Any sheet that is not complete will not receive stats.
I attempt to get the stats out by the weekend. In some cases, work and life will delay that. Recently, delays can be attributed to some behind the scenes working of the website. More often than not, though, I hold off because of a lack of sent scoresheets.
1) Please scan or fax the score sheet. It makes life a lot easier if I can receive them in a PDF format.
2) As a captain it is your responsibility to ensure the sheet get to me in a timely manner. If I do not receive the sheets by weeks end, I will record the match as a 0-21 loss for both teams. Don’t trust your scores to the team you just beat the pants off.
3) Fax 1 sheet at a time. If you are sending in the other team’s sheet (read rule number 2), please send that separately from yours. That way I can easily file them away in folders and can easily compare them side by side.
4) Use a pen not a pencil to print legibly. A pencil gets faded out on the sheet and can be virtually impossible to see sometimes.
5) Last names are a must. This has been harped on for years. If you do not include a last name on a new player that game will count as a forfeit. If that player plays in a doubles game then the doubles game is a forfeit as well. No more exceptions will be made.
6) If you are a team captain you need to have a working email that you check regularly. If there is a discrepancy, I need to be able to contact you to correct it.
7) Know the team that you are playing and what date it is. It is confusing to have Team A show that they are playing another team that they really are not, and to not have a date or week number to reference makes it really hard to track down.
8) If you are rescheduling a match, let me know. I don’t need to know when, but only that it is still pending. (read rule #2 to see why you need to let me know)